Thursday, August 10, 2006

Playing Catchup

  1. Number of my reviews submitted to ampcamp in the last 14 days: 2. Number of my reviews that ampcamp has put online: 0.
  2. On Saturday I spilled a brand new tin of mango altoids all over the floor.
  3. The next day I was carrying six cans of pop and three bottles of Propel while talking to my mom on the phone. I dropped one of the cans. It exploded and I had to mop the kitchen floor.
  4. A baby bunny ate significant portions of two hostas, one toad lily, and several cone flowers that I had been nurturing. Why are there baby bunnies now?
  5. But here is the biggie. Cary has been off work this entire week. We were planning to leave for Toronto for three days on Tuesday, but Monday morning our car started behaving strangely. It shook when the speed reached fifty but was normal again once it hit 55. I called the dealer and they suggested I have the tires rotated. So at 6 PM the night before we are due to leave I do that instead of cooking dinner. Then Cary and my dad spend the rest of the evening deciding that it isn't the tires and that the problem is still there. Research on the web suggested many cars made during 2002 (our year) had serious and expensive transmission problems. At 9:40 that night Cary and I decide to postpone our trip even though I have been running around like a crazy person getting everything ready, and had just finished the preparations about 10 minutes beforehand. We drop the car off the next day (Wednesday) and are fortunate enough to borrow a car from my mom. We take Henry and Lucy to the beach. We get the car back on Thursday at noon, and the repair was under warranty (for something that was recalled and was supposedly already fixed a year ago). We tried to salvage the week as best we could be doing fun things with the kids but there is no doubt that it put a real damper on the week. I have to admit I didn't even really feel like posting.
  6. Oh, and I am now on a very low dose of an antiseizure drug for my headaches.
  7. And Cary might need braces again.
Happy Vacation!