Thursday, August 31, 2006

  1. I spent the day prepping for our trip to Toronto, and I now suspect that the remnants of Ernesto may be following us to the Great White North. Sadly we have planned nothing we can do inside except spend time in the hotel. However, my fellow bloggers currently visiting the Outer Banks are having their vacations disturbed more severely, so I don't want to complain too much.
  2. Henry refused to let me leave him in Gym care today. But I did because I am a cruel and insensitive beast of a mother. Upon my return I learned not only that he didn't listen, but that he, "spilled his juice, and stuck his feet in it." That's my boy!
  3. He decided once again to treat a headache with a soaking wet wash cloth. He also treated my kitchen table, my Heywood Wakefield coffee table, and then he locked the washcloth up in a cardboard photo box and practically tackled me when I tried to free it. (All of this happened when I was on the phone with my mom, who is suffering from mysterious bouts of nausea and chills).

On a happier note: my "good" watch returned from Houston today with all of its digits tightly attached to its faceplate. It has no plans to land in the toilet. And, as I write, Cary is bathing both kids. I can hear them bugging him for a change. Can you say shaudenfraude?

No comments: