Sunday, July 16, 2006

Not in pieces

  1. I left Henry alone for about 6 minutes so I could put Lucy down for her nap. When I came out of her room I found him sitting in his room and he said it was too dark. I went to raise his shade but it would not go up. Then he mentioned that he was really sorry but he had squeezed it and now it was broken.
  2. I got very angry with him because this isn't just an ordinary shade. All of our windows are irregularly sized and I had to special order it. This is the third shade we have had for this window because they have all had technical problems, and I had to return them and wait for new ones to arrive even though supposedly it was made by a reputable company and is a quality product.
  3. One of the reasons I got so mad was because I knew that I would have to deal with the company again to get it replaced. The shades have a lifetime guarantee, so they agreed to replace it for free. At least the person on the phone today agreed to that. It may be different tomorrow. And I don't think what Henry did should have been enough to break it.
  4. I felt so bad that I got angry with him, but also feel like he is old enough to know better.
  5. Cary's only comment: "it has been six months since he broke something that mattered to you." So I guess I have half a year to let go every time he breaks something that doesn't matter to me. At least we got the big one out of the way. Maybe I should celebrate?

1 comment:

Lumpyheadsmom said...

At least he was sorry he broke it.

That's a good thing, right?