Thursday, October 04, 2007

Let me see your big kid underwear

1. My day began with Lucy demanding to see my underwear, so she could make sure that hers matched mine. This is common practice in our house, and when we are unable to coordinate tears ensue. Today was one of those days.

2. Then I dropped her off at pre-school and rushed home to try and crank out a Venus review for which I have no promo copy.

3. When I picked up Lucy we dashed off to Macy's so I could buy some make-up from Clinique, something I rarely do, because they were having one of their give-aways. I got home and found they sold me the wrong stuff, so now I have to return it. I just ordered the stuff I wanted on eBay anyway and figured screw the free stuff, I never use it. Lucy cried the entire time we were in Macy's because she knows a little girl named Macy and she could not understand why we were not at Macy's house.

4. I tried to lure Lucy home by telling her I had a surprise for her. When I showed her the copy of Cookie's Week that I ordered from her book club at school she burst into tears and said, "I wanted toys."

5. In spite of being so tired she could barely eat her lunch she still refused to nap. As soon as I struggled to get her into bed she sat up and screamed for me to release her to downstairs saying her room was "too hot" and she "missed her Henry."

----------------
Now playing: PJ Harvey - The Devil

2 comments:

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Wow, this day has been even shittier from Lucy's perspective.

1. My day began when Mother wouldn't coordinate her underwear with mine. Com'on, people: underwear synchrony. How else will others know she's my mommy?

2. I had preschool today. Dammit.

3. After school, Mom said she would take me to Macy's, and instead brought be to this lame department store full of crap I don't care about, didn't want to look at, and couldn't touch. Liar.

4. Mom promised a 'surprise' at home (which, as everyone who speaks kidcode knows, surprise = new toy) and you know what? When we got home, she gave me a book. A book! Gah.

5. After all this misery, mother put me in a sweltering room -- without my brother -- and expected me to sleep. I'm totally filing for emancipated status.

Anne said...

"Lucy cried the entire time we were in Macy's because she knows a little girl named Macy and she could not understand why we were not at Macy's house."

Okay, that's so sad and sweet!

The underwear thing is really impressive, too. She's going to be such a GIRL when she grows up!!!