Monday, October 15, 2007

Burnin' Down the House

1. Earlier last week Lucy came down with a fever. Her illness, while not serious, was timed so that Cary felt obligated to stay home from the Of Montreal concert the next night. It was really nice of him to offer to let me go, but since my mom was joining us too I think it was the most obvious decision.

2. I did enjoy the concert, though they failed to play a number of my favorite tracks including Lucy's favorite* and "Cato as a Pun."

3. Then on Saturday after attending both a soccer game and a birthday party Henry came down with the same illness. The only real symptom is a fever of at least 102 and red-rimmed eyes. Lucy was better in 24 hours, but when Henry woke up this morning he still had his fever. So he is home from school for what I hope will only be one day. At the moment they are both cheering in front of a new episode of Go Diego Go, and I am feeling optimistic.

----------------
*For Lucy --Now playing: Of Montreal - The Past is a Grotesque Animal
(aka "The Story Song")

3 comments:

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Hope Henry feels better soon, and you and Cary avoid the sick.

Auntly H said...

Are you all dressing up as the Talking Heads for Halloween?

Emsmom said...

And remember I call the Story Song, "The Speeding Song" since that's what it makes me do!!