Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What I Won't Be Doing Today

  1. Going to the gym
  2. Picking up a mystery prescription at Target
  3. Purchasing those weird clips that go at the back of a piece of framed art
  4. Checking to ensure my in-laws mail box is empty for the second time in a week (don't ask)

Instead I am spending the day at home waiting for the washer repair man. As I mentioned in my very first post, we have laundry woes. We finally bought a brand new washer and dryer and the first time I used it the washer actually moved during the spin cycle. I went downstairs and it had turned 45 degrees to the left on its own!

So after spending an hour on the phone (mostly on hold) with various Sears representatives on Monday, the earliest I was able to get someone to come out and look at it was Wednesday. A computer called last night to say that I needed to be home from 8-5 today to wait for the repair person. Granted, I might be able to squeeze in items 2-4 on my list if the person arrives at a reasonable time but I am so annoyed because if the original delivery people had bothered to set it up properly -- which might have taken 10 more minutes -- I would be spared from spending the entire day here.

On a positive note, I can finally put hoodies and sweatpants in the dryer again. Now, if I only had a washer I would be all set!

No comments: