Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Remembering the long weekend

1. After chirpily telling the neuro. that I "hadn't had a single migraine this month," I have basically had one for six days since. The pills have worked, but when it keeps coming back like this it means the headache never really goes away. This is the first old school, pre-medication headache I have had since before they started pumping me full of medicine, and I am not happy about it. I was supposed to be getting off all these pills around, oh yeah, right around now.

2. Nice weather brings out the neighbors. Maybe its good that we have basically nine months of bad weather here in B-lo. On Saturday we had the teenage version of the Michigan militia next door. About 20 teenage boys were suited up to go and play paint ball in the the woods but they looked like a freaking S.W.A.T. team, and I found all of their guns very disturbing, not to mention the sound of the guns firing. Then on Monday, after I had spent two full days putting close to 30 2 cu. ft. bags of mulch on my flower beds I look up to see my next door neighbor planting silk flowers around a tree right next to the road. Wtf! And these are just the nice neighbors that happen to live on either side of me.

3. Cary spent most of the weekend potty training Lucy. She is doing great. She actually woke up dry this morning. The whole process makes me incredibly tense though, so I am glad he is willing to handle it. I just had to take over when he went back to work on Tuesday.

Here are a few pictures from the garden. Warning: None of these flowers are made of silk!


Pic 1. Allium, Clematis, and annual Phlox
Pic 2. Sempervivum in bloom
Pic 3 Perennial Osteospermum

2 comments:

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Pretty pretty!

Auntly H said...

I do not understand silk flowers in places where real ones can grow (and you can reach them to give them water). Your flowers: Ich liebe sie.