Friday, March 02, 2007

Yesterday

1. I made coffee but forgot to put the pot under the coffee maker. By the time I noticed there was coffee everywhere, but not a drop to drink.
2. At that same moment I realized our last two working electrical outlets in the kitchen had given out. Coinicidence? Maybe. Two hours and $200 later all of our outlets worked, so I'm not sure I care..
3. I had also decided it was time to visit the Doctor because my cold had gathered new strength. Diagnosis: Sinus infection.
4. After picking up my amoxicillin RX, I returned home from the Doctor to learn that Henry's birthday cupcakes were expected at school the next day. His teacher isn't fond of advance notice, nor is she flexible (I was worried it was Friday or no b-day party at all Also, I had sent a note in asking what day she wanted to snack on MONDAY but got no answer).

So I decided to scrub my hands thoroughly and go ahead and bake them. Henry had requested red frosting, but at 9:25, when I started to frost them, they were undeniably pink, no matter how much food coloring I used, or how much unprocessed cocoa I snuck into the frosting. On a whim I had purchased star-shaped cup cake cups, that we were going to decorate with tiny M+Ms. Now that I had pink star-shaped cup cakes inspiration struck, and I tried to salvage the pink frosting the only way I could, by turning them into Patrick from Sponge Bob.They are pretty abstract, but Henry liked them. He said, "They look red to me."

4 comments:

Auntly H said...

Brilliant save of the cupcakes!

Emsmom said...

Hey they turned out really cute! I can see Patrick!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Where did you find the star-shaped cupcake cups? Those are the coolest things EVAH.

You should make some that are red velvet cake with the red frosting. I have a good recipe if you need it. You know how we Southern girls love the red velvet cake.

Anne

Lumpyheadsmom said...

They look red to me, too.