Monday, June 02, 2008

Wait, wait, don't change the blog's name just yet...

1. This morning I paid bills. I tried three times before I wrote out all the checks correctly and got them into Quicken with the correct numbers. I voided one check.

2. I dropped Lucy off at ballet. My mother-in-law was going to pick her up and bring her home LATER. Sweet. I was waiting to turn right on red at the corner of Transit and Wherle when ... Guzsh ... my car was covered in fine, greasy dirt. Once I turned the first thing I saw was a car dealership with a car wash. Sweet. I thought I'd be really smart and get it cleaned ASAP. I ran it through the car wash but it was still filthy. I took the car to the end of the now incredibly long line. The dealership actually pulled their detail guy out of line ahead of me so he could clean my car. It turns out that my car, and most of the used cars in their lot were covered in hydrolic fluid from the excavator at the corner. All the filthy cars had contaminated the car wash too. So the nice car detailer cleaned off my car, then hand washed it. Plus I met the owner of the construction company and got his number in case the paint starts to fall off my car. One hour later I was headed towards home, but the car was still not clean, so I went through another car wash. Then in the afternoon I cleaned all the windows with Windex.

As annoying as this was, it could have been much worse. My window could have been open, or Lucy could have been with me.

3. Lucy returned from Grandma's after having a great time and being a good little girl only to cry and whine until her father got home.

But I've got a review of the new Walter Meego CD up at Donnybrook. Check it out.

No comments: