- Last week I got a call from my new primary care doctor's office to remind me of my appointment. It was the 6th, but I had written it down for the 16th. I had set up the appointment in July and would have been really upset to miss it since the doctor I was leaving behind had made me cry on 3 out of 5 visits.
- I went to double check the office location, although I was sure I had driven by it on the way to get my hair cut many, many times.
- Oddly both google and mapquest had a different location.
- And the office wasn't picking up its phone.
- I had to leave or I was going to be late...
- I get to where the office should be, but yeah, there's no office in sight, at least not for my doctor.
- I had the presence of mind to bring the other address with me, and am happy to report I made it there about 5 minutes late. The new doctor was very nice, they even set up the referrals for me, and nobody made me cry.
Things my old doctor said to me, just for laughs:
"Having kids should be like having a second childhood. It should be fun."
"Relax and go rent a movie like Baby Boom. You know, with Diane Keaton"
I don't work on Wednesdays.
"You had your chance with Physical Therapy, and I am sorry your back still hurts, but you can't have any more visits."
"You have to stop carrying your children. You need to be the pampered pooch. Can't you just go get a massage?"
And yes, she chose not to start a family of her own.